These small changes can reduce pain and delay additional damage.
- Take short walk breaks when standing or sitting for long periods of time.
- Avoid crossing your legs when sitting.
- Keep your legs raised when sitting and sleeping (When you can, raise your legs above the level of your heart.)
- Exercise your legs.
- If you are overweight, try to lose weight.
- Avoid wearing tight clothes.
- Avoid wearing high heels.
- Try compression stockings to keep blood from pooling and to decrease swelling.