We provide leadership, partnerships and seamless resource coordination to meet healthcare needs that advance the quality and dignity of life.
Hamilton Medical Center offers many things to its patients and community. Here are just a few recent activities that prove there is a Hamilton Advantage.
- The battle against cancer can be a trying process physically and emotionally. At Hamilton Regional Cancer Institute, Judd Cancer Center provides the therapeutic and support services necessary to fight the disease. For residents across Northwest Georgia, the Judd Cancer Center offers some of the most advanced techniques for the treatment of cancer.
- Construction has begun for Peeples Cancer Institute at Hamilton in 2017. Peeples Cancer Institute will serve the region with comprehensive cancer treatment under one roof.
- To serve the families of Northwest Georgia, as well as neighboring communities in the region and beyond, Hamilton Health Care System has opened Anna Shaw Children’s Institute. Dedicated to the memory of Anna Sue Shaw, the Institute is a regional leader of and advocate for the care of children and families who are experiencing the challenges of developmental delays.
- Cutting edge diagnostic and treatment capabilities position Hamilton Medical Center as a regional and national health care leader.
- Hamilton was the first hospital in this area to offer the latest generation of the da Vinci® surgical robot featuring advanced 3-D visualization capabilities.
- Digital mammography at Hamilton Diagnostics Center provides advanced technology for diagnosing breast cancer with the GE Senographe workstation, the latest breast cancer diagnosis equipment.
- Hamilton’s Mashburn Cardiac Pavilion’s two cardiac catheterization labs feature fully digital Artis Zee® angiography systems with flat-panel detectors that enable physicians to view high-resolution images allowing them to see interventional devices such as guidewires, catheters, and coronary stents in precise detail and from almost any angle. Hamilton’s hybrid suite features the first multi-axis system with robotic technology, the Siemens Artis Zeego angiography system. It is used for cardiac and non-cardiac procedures, including endovascular procedures.
- Angioplasty now available at Hamilton Medical Center as part of Hamilton’s participation in Georgia’s C-PORT program. HMC was selected as one of 10 Georgia hospitals to participate in this national program that has allowed hospitals without an open-heart surgery program to perform angioplasty for its patients.
- HMC is the first in the region with Interstim Therapy, a procedure for patients who have an overactive bladder or urinary urge incontinence and have not benefited from medications.
- New computerized tomography (CT) system joins HMC’s arsenal of diagnostic and imaging equipment. It remains among the most advanced CT scanners in the world.
- Regional Neonatal Specialists operate Hamilton’s Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU). They work with Dalton area obstetricians and pediatricians to provide specialty care to pregnant women and newborn infants at Hamilton.
- More than 25 years promoting healthy lifestyles and fighting disease through preventative measures at Bradley Wellness Center.
- Hamilton Convenient Care was created for illnesses and injuries that require prompt attention but are not emergencies. We treat adults and children over 2 years of age.
- Qualified physicians like specialists in vascular surgery, gynecology, urology, psychiatry, internal and family medicine.
- Renovated Emergency Care Department including enlarging Hamilton Medical Center’s ER space from 12,600 to 27,700 square feet and increasing the number of treatment rooms from 29 to 35.
- Hamilton Ambulatory Surgery Center (HASC) is a free-standing facility specifically designed for outpatient procedures such as arthroscopies, biopsies, tubal ligations, hernia repairs, cholecystectomy, and many others. HASC received the prestigious Summit Award from Press Ganey Associates, Inc. for the eighth (2013) year in a row.
- Full accreditation from the Accreditation Review Committee making Hamilton Medical Center the seventh accredited Chest Pain Center in Georgia and the 243rd in the nation