TEMPORARILY CLOSED ON FRIDAYS
Need more information?
We have answers and are happy to discuss any questions that you may have. Please fill out the short form at the bottom of the page and we will happily answer.
Champion care to children and families for happy, healthy lives.
With design elements inspired by the style of a treehouse, the Institute is located in a serene environment reflective of the natural beauty that exists in our region. Families and their children can receive diagnoses, treatment, and support all under one roof.
Cognitive, psychological, and developmental evaluations will be completed at the Institute to ensure the assessment of each child’s individual skill set and to identify appropriate therapy services to maximize the child’s development. Available therapies for children will include physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech/feeding therapy, and music therapy. Psychological services will provide assistance to children and families through individual counseling, family counseling, and behavioral support services. A treatment navigator – a dedicated Institute employee – will support families through the diagnostic and treatment processes. Key services offered at Anna Shaw Children’s Institute are listed below.
Developmental Behavioral Pediatrics
Board Certified Developmental-Behavioral Pediatricians
Anna Shaw Children’s Institute will provide evaluation, diagnosis, and ongoing care for children from birth to 11 with developmental delays and the behavior associated with those delays.
Caring for children with:
- Attention disorders
- Autism spectrum disorders
- Behavioral issues due to developmental delays
- Behavioral and developmental challenges due to pediatric chronic illnesses (genetic disorders, epilepsy, prematurity, diabetes, asthma, cancer)
- Developmental delays in speech, language and thinking ability
- Habit disorders
- Learning disorders
- Motor skill delays related to other conditions
- Regulatory disorders
- Visual and hearing impairments
We will proudly offer psychological testing and therapy services for children from birth to 11 who are receiving services at the institute.
Psychological services include:
- ABA Therapies
- Autism Evaluation
- Behavioral Therapy
- Developmental Evaluation
- Family Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Individual Therapy
- Psychoeducational (Cognitive assessment)
- Psychological Evaluation
Comprehensive outpatient pediatric therapy programs for children from birth to 11, led by Occupational, Physical, Speech/Language and Music Therapists will be available at Anna Shaw Children’s Institute.
Interventional Services include:
- Aquatic Therapy
- Assistive Technology
- Oral Motor/Feeding Therapy
- Sensory Integration
- Neurodevelopmental Treatment
- Occupational Therapy (OT)
- Physical Therapy (PT)
- Music Therapy
- Speech and Language Therapy (ST)
Family Support Services
The Anna Shaw Children’s Institute’s Navigator will provide one-to-one assistance with resources and support for parents on their journey to obtain the best care for their child.
- Agency Options
- Behavioral Intervention
- Care Coordination
- Community Support Groups
- Educational Support (including collaboration with school systems and IEP support)
- Financial Assistance
- Hippotherapy availabilities
- Legal Assistance
- Summer Camp(s)
- Transition Support
Stay up to date with the latest news and events from the Anna Shaw Children’s Institutes with TreeTop Talk.
Need more information?
Please fill out the form below and we will be happy to answer any questions that you may have.
- Español – Anna Shaw Children’s Institute
- North Georgia Autism Conference – Call For Presentations
- Accepted Insurances
- PRESCHOOL & ADHD Behavior Clinic
- TreeTop Talk
- Video Library