Hamilton Diagnostic Center (HDC)
Hamilton Diagnostic Center needs more volunteers. The following is a description of the duties at the Diagnostic Center:
Front Desk Duties:
- Answer phones, taking appropriate messages, and transferring calls in a manner that is accurate, complete, and timely.
- Provides positive, supportive communication to patients.
- Obtain transportation and escorts patients to sub-waiting areas to make sure patients are seen in a timely manner.
- Provides positive, supportive communication to patients and their families.
- Maintains orderliness of waiting room supplies, magazines, newspapers or any other item that needs attention.
- Informs the clinical staff of changes in the family’s location as they occur to ensure efficient communication between staff, physicians, and family.
- Responds to patient and family members/visitors request for comfort measures (coffee, drinks, and blankets).
- Clerical – filing for different areas
If you are interested in volunteering at Hamilton Diagnostic Center, please visit our website and fill out an application. In the field of interest, mark Hamilton Diagnostic Center.
Volunteers needed to become part of our team and help provide support to our patients and in our office. Schedules are flexible.
Patient support opportunities are available in patient’s homes or nursing facilities, including:
- Friendly visits with patients (including reading, watching tv, and sharing hobbies)
- Sitting with patients while their family takes a break, runs errands, or attends appointments
Office support opportunities available in our office (some may be taken home), including:
- Help our administrative staff with sorting and filing chart documents
- Help our Hospice volunteer coordinator with tracking volunteer hours and data input
- Help our bereavement coordinator with mailings, bereavement support through phone calls to families, and planning/coordinating our bi-annual Memorial Services.
Volunteer at Hamilton Gift Shop
We are always looking for gift shop volunteers. Our gift shop has a great selection of unique gift items, handbags, and perfumes. We have three locations, main hospital, Maternity, Anna Shaw Children’s Institute.
- Work register
- Stock items
- Assisting guests and associates in selecting gifts
- Arranging gift baskets
If you are interested in volunteering at the Gift Shop, please visit our website and fill out an application; in the field of interest, mark Gift Shop.
How to apply
Complete the online Volunteer Application, or you may stop by and pick up an application at our information desk at the main hospital entrance (1200 Memorial Drive, Dalton, GA). Turn in the application at the main hospital entrance or mail it to: Gay Ann Talley, Volunteer Services, P.O. Box 1168, Dalton, GA 30722-1168.
Additional signed documents will be needed and may be completed during the interview process.
For teens (if 16 or 17 years of age) Parent/Guardian Permission
Call Volunteer Services at 706.272.6147 for more information.