Members of the hospice team, including the medical director, RNs, LPNs, aides, social workers, chaplains, and volunteers are available at any time to answer questions about the program from patients, their personal physicians, or family members. Patients, upon entering the hospice program, understand that care is focused on pain and symptom management rather than curative treatment.
A variety of hospice care payment sources is available, including Medicare, Medicaid, and private insurance. Patients are accepted into the hospice program based on need, without regard for ability to pay.
Hospice services include:
- Care provided at home, in long term care facilities, or at assisted living facilities
- Regularly scheduled visits by all members of the hospice team
- Nurses on-call 24 hours and day, seven days a week
- Pharmacy services
- Pain and symptom management
- Bereavement support for family members and friends
- Assistance with personal care
For more information on hospice services, or information on how to become a hospice volunteer, call 706.278.2848.
View Map | Hamilton Home Care Services located at Winkler Health Education Building, 1275 Elkwood Drive, Dalton, Georgia.