Per Commission on Cancer Standard: Cancer outcomes are better when patients are managed according to the principles of multidisciplinary team evaluation. This process is associated with improved clinical decision-making, clinical outcomes, and patient experience. The cancer program holds multidisciplinary cancer case conference(s) to evaluate patient management.
Peeples Cancer Institute holds multidisciplinary cancer case conferences to evaluate patient care to monitor and evaluate treatment management. Our team of experts includes medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, surgeons, radiologists, pathologists, nutritionists, social workers, and nurse navigator.
Cases reviewed include:
- Newly diagnosed cases to coordinate treatment/care
- Previously diagnosed who may need additional treatment or need treatment for recurrence or progression of disease.
- Cases in need of supportive services or palliative care.
- Any case in need of review
In compliance with Commission on Cancer guidelines, the discussion of each case includes:
- Clinical Stage/prognostic indicators
- NCCN guidelines discussion of treatment options
- Genomic testing/counseling
- Psychosocial needs
- Options for clinical trial enrollment
- Palliative care (if appropriate)