Your heart does a lot of work! Exercise combined with eating a properly balanced diet, as well as maintaining normal blood pressure and cholesterol levels, goes a long way with the care of your heart.
Despite our best efforts, sometimes we need extra care. Hamilton Physician Group’s cardiologists are here to provide you with expert heart care. Our cardiology services have consistently been rated as some of the best heart care in the nation.
Warning Signs of a Heart Attack
- Chest discomfort. Most heart attacks involve discomfort in the center of the chest that lasts more than a few minutes – or it may go away and then return. It can feel like uncomfortable pressure, squeezing, fullness, or pain.
- Discomfort in other areas of the upper body. Symptoms can include pain or discomfort in one or both arms, the back, neck, jaw, or stomach.
- Shortness of breath. This can occur with or without chest discomfort.
- Other signs. Other possible signs include breaking out in a cold sweat, nausea, or lightheadedness.
- New York University-trained, board-certified cardiovascular surgeon Richard Morrison, MD, who has served as a program director of cardiac surgery and performed over 15,000 cardiac, thoracic, and peripheral vascular procedures in our region
- Cleveland Clinic-trained, board-certified critical care physician, Noah Jentzen, MD
- Medical College of Georgia-educated, board-certified anesthesiologist, John Hill, MD
• Harvard- and Yale-educated, board-certified interventional and structural cardiologist,
Jim Stewart, MD
• Baylor College of Medicine-educated, board-certified anesthesiologist, Nathan Schatzman, MD
• Cleveland Clinic-trained perfusionist who has served as the chief perfusionist for multiple health systems, David Middleton, CCP
• A comprehensive heart team, skilled in cardiovascular surgical procedures
Cardiology Video Library
Become a Patient
Please note: Patients must have a physician referral in order to make an appointment.
If you would like to become a patient with Hamilton Physician Group – Cardiology, please call our office at 706-226-3434.
When you call please have the following information available:
- Name, address, phone number, etc
- Medications (names, dosage, etc.)
- Insurance information