This program is provided as a way to recognize Hamilton Associates or Volunteers for actions that truly demonstrate the “Heart of Hamilton.”
Printed cards are available throughout Hamilton Health Care System or can be made here with an ONLINE SUBMISSION.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Heart of Hamilton printed cards can be filled out by Associates, Volunteers, Patients, or Guests and then placed in a Heart of Hamilton box (card/box locations below). Or, a digital version HERE, can be filled out and submitted.
Card/electronic submissions will be reviewed weekly by members of the HEART subcommittee and evaluated to determine which of the following categories they would fall in.
- Heart of Hamilton Honoree (far exceeding job, organizational, or departmental expectations) – Hamilton Associates or Volunteers in this category will receive a $100 gift card, plaque, name on cafeteria plaque, and a BWC Massage. Example: After hearing a patient was concerned about her dog being cared for, Sally took the initiative to feed the patient’s dog.
- Group Heart of Hamilton Honorees (same description as Heart of Hamilton Honoree but involving two or more people) – Hamilton Associates or Volunteers in this level will receive a meal with the CEO and individual plaques.
- Heart Recognition (displaying one or more behaviors of the PRIDE values or Heart of Hamilton compass) – Those in this category will be entered into a drawing. Up to 10 people named on these submissions will win two movie passes or a $15 HMC Gift Shop certificate. Example: Joe escorted a lost visitor to a destination in the building.
- Questionable (incomplete or do not meet the qualifications) – if submissions are deemed questionable, the sender will be contacted for further information. Examples: Happy Birthday! OR Jane did a great job helping me.
- Main entrance lobby • main elevator lobby • SICU waiting area • MICU waiting area • Mother/Baby waiting area • Endoscopy • Emergency Dept. lobby • Cafeteria • Time clocks (Lot 5/Admin., Women’s center, Emergency Dept., Associate pharmacy, Human Resources near Dr. Starr Conference Room
- HLTC lobbies/time clocks • HASC • HDC • Royal Oaks front desk • The Gardens front desk • Medical Plaza (front and back door) • Medical Arts (lobby) • HEMS time clock • Convenient Care (Dalton and Varnell) • Hamilton Cardiology • Hamilton Neurology • Hamilton Internal Medicine (Murray)