The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is closely monitoring an outbreak of respiratory illness caused by a novel (new) coronavirus first identified in Wuhan, Hubei Province, China. Chinese authorities identified the new coronavirus, which has resulted in hundreds of confirmed cases in China, including cases outside Wuhan, with additional cases being identified in a growing number of countries internationally. There are ongoing investigations to learn more. There have been no known cases reported in our region, but out of an abundance of caution, we want to keep our community informed.
HEALTH ALERT: Travelers from Wuhan, China
There is an outbreak of pneumonia in Wuhan, China caused by a new type of coronavirus.
If you have been in Wuhan within the past 2 weeks and develop a fever, cough, or have difficulty breathing, seek medical care right away.
- CALL AHEAD BEFORE GOING TO SEE A DOCTOR OR EMERGENCY ROOM.
- TELL THEM YOUR SYMPTOMS AND THAT YOU WERE IN WUHAN.
- GIVE/SHOW THEM THIS PAGE.
- Use standard, contact, and airborne precautions, and eye protection.
- Notify infection control and your state/local health department immediately.
For more information: www.cdc.gov/wuhan