Child Psychologist Position Available in Northwest Georgia
The Anna Shaw Children’s Institute (ASCI) is a developmental behavioral practice and an affiliate of Hamilton Health Care System, Inc.
ASCI was created as a responsive entity to meet the medical and psychiatric pediatric care services needed for children with developmental delays and/or the behavioral issues related to those delays within Dalton, Georgia and the surrounding regions. Additionally, the ASCI team will provide Physical, Occupational, Speech/Feeding, Music and Applied Behavioral Analysis therapy services to the same pediatric population.
As an essential member of the care team, the psychologist will:
- Collaborate with other team members to conduct a thorough and comprehensive evaluation of the developmental and psychological status of a child or adolescent.
- He/she will administer, score, evaluate and report intellectual, cognitive, personality and neuropsychological test data.
- Work closely with the ASCI Medical Director to help manage psychosocial aspects of chronic and acute conditions by providing individual and family psychotherapy and/or counseling with patients of the ASCI to promote safety, understanding and good mental health.
- He/she will participate as an:
- Active treatment team member.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development across the life cycle.
- Demonstrate an understanding reflective of the patient’s current status, age (functional), diagnosis and specific needs when devising and implementing treatment.
- Work with families to modify behavioral disorders caused by delayed or hindered development.
Education: Doctoral Degree in Psychology
Licensure: Georgia Licensure or eligible to apply for Georgia License
Must have license prior to beginning the position.
If you’re looking to live in a beautiful southern community and want to be close to a large city with an airport, this opportunity should interest you.
Director of Physician Relations
Hamilton Health Care System
Dalton, Georgia 30720
(706) 272.6551 Direct
(770) 773.5665 Cell
(706) 217.1095 Fax
Visit our website to learn more about the Anna Shaw Children’s Institute:
If you would like to apply for the position, please visit our website at: