Hamilton Medical Center offers 6 Categorical Positions per year. Resident applications will be accepted through December 1st. Applicants must apply through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS™). Please visit the ERAS website to apply.
Our program participates in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP™). All candidates applying for a first-year residency position must be registered with NRMP™. Please visit the NRMP website to register.
- We will be hosting interviews virtually for the 2021-2022 interview season.
- Medical School Graduation date should be less than 5 years from the year you are applying.
- Application deadline is Dec 1, however, most interviews are offered mid-late October.
- For International Graduates, we sponsor J-1 visas only. You must be certified through the ECFMG.
- All positions are accepted through the NRMP (MATCH).
Criteria for students from U.S. Allopathic or Osteopathic Medical Schools:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Personal Statement
- Performance evaluation from the Dean of the Medical School
- Three Letters of Recommendation from faculty members, 2 from Family Medicine physicians preferred
- USMLE Transcripts for Step 1, Step 2 CK, and CS or COMLEX Transcripts for Level 1, Level 2 CE, and PE. Only one failure per transcript will be eligible for consideration.
- Passing scores on the above must be received prior to our submission of rank order to the NRMP to be considered for a residency position.
- Candidates requiring visa sponsorship must provide specific information in their application. To be eligible for employment at Hamilton Medical Center, candidates must have US Citizenship, a Green Card or be eligible for a J-1 Visa
Additional criteria for international students:
In addition to the criteria listed above, international students must also have the following:
- ECFMG Certification: For more information, please visit the ECFMG website
- U.S. clinical experience is recommended
Hospital-Residency Committees with resident membership:
- Quality Improvement
- Infection Prevention
- Patient Safety
- Utilization and Review
- Institutional Review Board
- Cancer Committee
- Program Evaluation Committee
- Graduate Medical Education
- Resident Activities/ Recruitment
- Hospital Education Committee