Are you thinking about a move to the beautiful North Georgia Mountains?
Hematology Oncologist – Medical Director Opportunity
Hamilton Medical Center is seeking an experienced Oncologist for the Medical Director’s position with Hamilton Peeples Cancer Institute in North Georgia.
In early 2019, Hamilton will complete a $50 million dollar comprehensive cancer institute with state-of-the-art technologies, easily navigated services, and collaborative oncology and emotional support in a patient- and family-centered environment. The multi-level facility will have a two-level parking structure, two-story lobby atrium, and advanced infusion and radiotherapy suites. Hamilton will offer patients the most advanced technology available today in the rapidly evolving cancer treatment environment.
Advancements to include:
• Nurse Navigators
• Infusion pavilion with private and semi-private setting
• Variana Truebeam linear accelerator and 4D CT Simulator
• Advanced high dose radiation treatment
• Enhanced 3D mammography, bone density and ultrasound for women
• Appearance boutique
• Patient and community resource pavilion
• Health arts program
• Bistro with light meals, healthy smoothies and snacks
Medical Director Responsibilities:
• Physician leadership.
• Building a team of four hematologists/oncologists
• Develop and oversee program goals and initiatives including clinical trials and our patient navigation program
• Employment opportunity with Hamilton Medical Center
• Designated “protected time” to fulfill administrative responsibilities and clinical responsibilities
• Appointment to various leadership councils
Compensation & Benefit
• Lucrative, competitive package
• Employment incentives up to 75K and relocation up to 15K
• Limited call requirements. Hospitalist cover all admissions. APP’s triage calls.
• Board Certified in hematology and oncology
• 3 – 10 years of academic leadership experience.
Hamilton Medical Center is committed to changing lives and transforming care. As Hamilton continues to enhance the health care experience for patients and their families, its approach to cancer care is no exception. To meet the current and growing needs of our region, Hamilton is developing a leading-edge cancer institute, with state-of-the-art technology, fast and easy access to service and individualized oncology care right here in our own community.
Dalton is nestled at the base of the picturesque, impressive North Georgia Mountains. This four-season community offers outdoor enthusiasts many choices for year-round enjoyment. Beautiful natural resources are readily available to provide lake access, kayaking, hiking, mountain and/or road biking. If you enjoy a more metropolitan feel, Chattanooga, Tennessee is a short 30 minute commute and Atlanta is only a 90 minute drive.
If you’re looking to live in a family friendly community with excellent schools, this opportunity should interest you.