HMC is glad to be a part of your clinical experience. To prepare you for a successful rotation and to maximize your learning experience we have developed an online orientation. You are required to review the content and complete all of the modules prior to starting your rotation.
Instructions for online orientation:
- The orientation is divided into modules. Each section consists of related topics providing you with the needed information to become oriented to HMC and its policies and procedures.
- You may navigate through each learning module at your own pace, by clicking on each topic link.
- You must complete the entire orientation by reviewing all information contained.
- You will be required to sign a confirmation at the end of the orientation indicating that you have read and reviewed all material.
Orientation Modules to be Completed:
- 2017 Hospital National Patient Safety Goals
- HCAHPS Information Guide
- HMC Student Orientation Manual
- Mandatory Influenza Vaccination HR Policy
- Mandatory Influenza Vaccination FAQ
After completing the online orientation; please sign and submit the following (Orientation Forms):
- HMC HIPAA Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Form
- Information Access Form
- Student Orientation Verification Forms
Sign and return all forms.
Sign and return all forms to your instructor upon completion.
Failure to complete/ all of the online orientation forms will delay the start date of your clinical experience or internship.
Additional Information and Reminders
- Always wear your student name badge and dress accordingly.
- Be sure to park in the designated
- Flu shots are required for all students at HMC.
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions if something is unfamiliar.
- Seek out learning opportunities and have a great experience
Contact Robin Green for additional information or questions.