Champion care to children and families for happy, healthy lives.
With design elements inspired by the style of a tree house, the Institute will be located in a serene environment reflective of the natural beauty that exists in our region. Families will be able to receive diagnoses, treatment and support all under one roof.
Cognitive, psychological and developmental evaluations will be completed at the Institute to ensure the assessment of each child’s individual skill set and to identify appropriate therapy services to maximize the child’s development. Available therapies for children will include physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy and feeding therapy. Psychological services will provide assistance to children and families through individual counseling, family counseling and behavioral support services. A treatment navigator – a dedicated Institute employee – will support families through the diagnostic and treatment processes. Key services offered at Anna Shaw Children’s Institute are listed below.
Developmental Behavioral Pediatrics
Anna Shaw Children’s Institute will provide evaluation, diagnosis and ongoing care for children from birth to 11 with developmental delays and the behavior associated with those delays.
Caring for children with:
- Attention disorders
- Autism spectrum disorders
- Behavioral issues due to developmental delays
- Behavioral and developmental challenges due to pediatric chronic illnesses (genetic disorders, epilepsy, prematurity, diabetes, asthma, cancer)
- Developmental delays in speech, language and thinking ability
- Habit disorders
- Learning disorders
- Motor skill delays related to other conditions
- Regulatory disorders
- Visual and hearing impairments
We will proudly offer psychological testing and therapy services for children from birth to 11 who are receiving services at the institute.
Psychological services include:
- [ABA Therapies]
- Autism Evaluation
- Behavioral Therapy Developmental Evaluation
- Family Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Individual Therapy
- Psychoeducational (Cognitive assessment)
- Psychological Evaluation
Comprehensive out-patient pediatric therapy programs for children from birth to 11, led by Occupational, Physical, Speech/Language and Feeding Therapists will be available at Anna Shaw Children’s Institute.
Interventional Services include:
- Aquatic Therapy
- Assistive Technology
- Oral Motor/feeding Therapy
- Sensory Integration
- Neurodevelopmental Treatment
- Occupational Therapy (OT)
- Physical Therapy (PT)
- Speech and Language Therapy (ST)
Family Support Services
The Anna Shaw Children’s Institute will maintain a collection of resources to assist and support parents on their journey to obtain the best care for their child.
- Agency Options
- Behavioral Intervention
- Care Coordination
- Community Support Groups
- Educational Support (including collaboration with school systems and IEP support)
- Financial Assistance
- Hippotherapy availabilities
- Legal Assistance
- Summer Camp(s) Transition Support