Patient and Family Advisory Council Application Requirements
What are the Hamilton Patient and Family Advisory Council Goals?
The primary goal of the Hamilton Medical Center Patient and Family Advisory Council will be to provide a forum that allows patients and families to have direct input and influence on policies, programs, and practices at their community hospital.
The Patient and Family Advisory Council will serve in an advisory capacity to assist Hamilton Medical Center in always putting patients and families first, thereby promoting quality, safety, and efficiency and achieving the highest aspirations of Hamilton’s vision, mission, and values.
Patient and Family Advisory Council Members:
- Are willing to attend regularly scheduled meetings, at least quarterly
- Come with an open mind and a positive approach
- Are willing to voice opinions
- Work with people whose backgrounds, experiences, and styles are different from their own
- Support Hamilton Medical Center’s mission and vision
What will be the time commitment?
- The Council will meet at least six times during the year. Each meeting will follow formal procedures and have set agendas.
- Duration of membership as a Patient and Family Advisory Council member will be on average one to two years.
How do I become a member of the Hamilton Patient and Family Advisory Council?
- Candidates must be former Hamilton Medical Center patients or caregivers of patients.
- The membership process begins with an application for the Patient and Family Advisory Council.
- Prospective candidates will be interviewed by the Patient and Family Advisory Council Steering Committee.
- Candidates will be processed as Hamilton Medical Center volunteers. This process includes:
- Criminal background check
- Immunization Records (if born AFTER 1957)
- Annual flu shot (provided by Hamilton)
- Orientation and training
- Signing a statement of confidentiality
Contact Patient and Family Advisory Council Support
If you have additional questions or are interested in learning more about becoming a member of the Hamilton Medical Center Patient and Family Advisory Council, please contact: