Lauman Surgery Waiting Area
Volunteer Services will be expanding service in the Lauman Surgery waiting area. The hours would be 2:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Volunteer at Hamilton
Volunteers will answer the phones, work with pre-op and escort families back to the holding area where their family member will be waiting for surgery.
If you are interested, please fill out the volunteer application and in the area field of interest mark it for Lauman Surgery.
Hamilton Diagnostic Center (HDC)
Hamilton Diagnostic Center needs more volunteers. The following is a description of the duties at the Diagnostic Center:
Front Desk Duties:
- Answers phone, taking appropriate messages and transferring calls in a manner that is accurate, complete and timely.
- Provides positive, supportive communication to patient.
- Obtains transportation and escorts patients to sub-waiting areas to make sure patients are seen in a timely manner.
- Provides positive supportive communication to patients and their families.
- Maintains orderliness of waiting room supplies, magazines, newspapers or any other item that needs attention.
- Informs the clinical staff of changes in family’s location as they occur to ensure efficient communication between staff, physicians and family.
- Responds to patient and family members / visitors request for comfort measures (coffee, drinks, and blankets).
If you are interested in volunteering at Hamilton Diagnostic Center please visit our website and fill out an application. In field of interest mark Hamilton Diagnostic Center.
Volunteers needed to become part of our team and help provide support to our patients and in our office. Schedules are flexible.
Patient support opportunities are available in patient’s homes or nursing facilities, including:
- Friendly visits with patients (including reading, watching tv, sharing hobbies)
- Sitting with patients while their family takes a break, runs errands, or attends appointments
Office support opportunities available in our office (some may be taken home), including:
- Help our administrative staff with sorting and filing chart documents
- Help our volunteer coordinator with tracking volunteer hours and data input
- Help our bereavement coordinator with mailings, bereavement support through phone calls to families, and planning/coordinating our bi-annual Memorial Services
Volunteer at Hamilton Gift Shop
We are always looking for gift shop volunteers. Our gift shop has a great selection of unique gift items, handbags, perfumes.
- Work register
- Stock items
- Assisting guest and associates selecting gifts
- Arranging gift baskets[Link]
If you are interested in volunteering at the Gift Shop, please visit our website and fill out an application. In field of interest mark Gift Shop.
Westcott Behavioral Health
We are looking for someone to answer phones and help with some of the clerical duties.
How to apply
Complete the on-line Volunteer Application or you may stop by and pick up an application at our information desk at the main hospital entrance (1200 Memorial Drive, Dalton, GA). Turn in the application at the main hospital entrance or mail to: Gay Ann Talley, Volunteer Services, P.O. Box 1168, Dalton, GA 30722-1168.
Additional signed documents will be needed and may be completed during the interview process.
Release of Transcript -GPA (if 16 or 17 years of age) and Parent/Guardian Permission
Call Volunteer Services at 706.272.6147 for more information.