Volunteer Services will be expanding service in the Lauman Surgery waiting area. The hours would be 2:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Volunteers will answer the phones, work with pre-op and escort families back to the holding area where their family member will be waiting for surgery.
If you are interested, please fill out the volunteer application and in the area field of interest mark it for Lauman Surgery.
Hamilton Diagnostic Center needs more volunteers. The following is a description of the duties at the Diagnostic Center:
Front Desk Duties:
• Answers phone, taking appropriate messages and transferring calls in a manner that is accurate, complete and timely.
• Provides positive, supportive communication to patient.
• Obtains transportation and escorts patients to sub-waiting areas to make sure patients are seen in a timely manner.
• Provides positive supportive communication to patients and their families.
• Maintains orderliness of waiting room supplies, magazines, newspapers or any other item that needs attention.
• Informs the clinical staff of changes in family’s location as they occur to ensure efficient communication between staff, physicians and family.
• Responds to patient and family members / visitors request for comfort measures (coffee, drinks, and blankets).
If you are interested in volunteering at Hamilton Diagnostic Center please visit our website and fill out an application. In field of interest mark Hamilton Diagnostic Center.
We are always looking for gift shop volunteers. Our gift shop has a great selection of unique gift items, handbags, perfumes.
• Work register
• Stock items
• Assisting guest and associates selecting gifts
• Arranging gift baskets[Link]
If you are interested in volunteering at the Gift Shop, please visit our website and fill out an application. In field of interest mark Gift Shop.
How to apply
Complete the on-line Volunteer Application or you may stop by and pick up an application at our information desk at the main hospital entrance (1200 Memorial Drive, Dalton, GA). Turn in the application at the main hospital entrance or mail to: Gay Ann Talley, Volunteer Services, P.O. Box 1168, Dalton, GA 30722-1168.
Additional signed documents will be needed and may be completed during the interview process.
Release of Transcript -GPA (if 16 or 17 years of age) and Parent/Guardian Permission
Call Volunteer Services at 706.272.6147 for more information.